For over a century, École Supérieure des Sciences Commerciales d’Angers (ESSCA) has instructed students focused on a business career. Since those 1909 origins as the Angers Business School, the institution has expanded to eight different campuses, with two of those located outside of France.
Dr. Paul Baugas founded the Angers campus, with a two-year degree being awarded to graduating students. In 1943, the school took on its present name, which was 11 years before the degree requirements were increased to a three-year plan of study. That eventually became four years in 1969 and five 30 years later.
Building on the belief that an international perspective was needed to enhance the educational process, ESSCA has partnerships in over 50 assorted countries, with more than 200 schools represented within that group.
The school’s first two years of undergraduate instruction are taught in French, followed by a third year in English. For students seeking a graduate degree, four different options exist and a summer program is also available between June and July.
During the course of its centennial observance in 2009, the school began construction of a new building that is more than 47,000 square feet in size.